Ever wondered what the hype is about solar panels? Why are more and more people in Gold Coast rushing to have these expensive panels installed on their roofs? Solar panels are the future of energy conservation. These panels use the photovoltaic effect to generate electricity. The electricity produced through these panels is done without any harmful emissions. This way the amount of energy produced becomes renewable after some time.
The following are a few facts on solar panels.
Solar panels facts
- Leonardo da Vinci was the first man to make use of solar energy back in the fifteenth century. He made use of the energy from the sun to heat the water used for industrial purposes back then. Though solar panels are from this century, the concept of conserving the energy from the sun and making use of it dates back to many centuries.
- More than 120 000 tetra watts of energy touch the earth each day. Most of this energy goes to waste. The people on earth only use fifteen tetra watts of this energy.
- One of the world’s largest solar plant is located in the Mojave Desert in California. This plant alone produces ninety percent of the solar energy used around the world.
- There are two types of solar panels. The first being photo voltaic or PV panels. These work by converting sunlight into energy. The other type are the solar thermal panels. These kinds of panels work by absorbing all the heat. Water circulates these panels and absorbs the heat. It is then later used for domestic purposes and also for warming swimming pools.
- Since the last fifty years more and more people are becoming environmental savvy. The increase in the production of solar panels on the Gold Coast. The market for home solar panels has increased dramatically since 2008.
- When using solar panels to generate electricity pollution is reduced a great deal because there’s hardly any gaseous emission.
- Solar panels are more energy efficient. All the energy produced by these panes is renewable.
- Using solar energy is the best way towards a sustainable future. Solar panels can produce up tp one kilowatt of energy. This much energy can easily replace the burning of 170 pounds of coal and 300 pounds of carbon di oxide.
- Germany is one country which is the leader in making proper use of solar panels, followed by USA and China.
- There has now been an almost forty percent dropping the prices of installing solar panels. Initially installing these panels was quite expensive and not everyone’s cup of tea. However, with the advancement in technology, solar panels are at their cheapest.
- The government offers rebates for people using solar energy.
What’s more solar panels are a welcome addition to any home. Not only does it helps your room stay cool but can even add resale value to your home. Consider it a long term investment because most panels come with a thirty year warranty. If you want more information regarding solar panels gold coast contact Solar & Batteries Direct.