Caring for your wooden furniture
When you invest in high quality furniture it can make your home look elegant and inviting. However, such furniture can cost quite a great deal. It’s necessary to take proper care of your expensive furniture so that it looks as good as new, year after year. The following tips would help you take care of your wooden furniture in the best possible way.
- To clean wooden furniture all you need is a bit of warm water and a drying cloth. Just wipe the furniture to avoid moisture sticking to the furniture. In order to reach hard to clean places simply use a soft tooth brush to get rid of the dust.
- Once the cleaning is done in order to protect the shine of the furniture waxing session should be given to the furniture on a yearly basis. When using wax on the furniture make sure to apply only a thin layer. The wax should be applied using a thin cloth. Make sure you buff the polish after a thirty minute interval for a beautiful shine which can last for months.
- Also ensure that the furniture isn’t exposed to direct sunlight. Too much het can somehow cook the finish and cause cracks to appear in the wood. If possible keep the curtains closed and in particularly hot weather cover the furniture properly.
- Also avoid placing the wooden furniture near a heating unit. Also use a humidifier in months which tend to be too drying.
- If you find too much chipping in your furniture you can use some polish to cover it up. Some people also swear by using shoes polish of a matching colour to make the chipping less visible.
- If your furniture is covered in a white hazy ring left by the hot mug of coffee you placed on it or you can see the imprint of the pizza box on the surface of the furniture, it can be removed easily. Use a mild nonabrasive toothpaste to get rid of it. Use your fingers or a soft cloth to rub off the stain
- When you are about to purchase new wooden furniture, look for the inside of the furniture as well. Sometimes the inner condition of the furniture tells you a great deal about the quality of the wood been used for making the furniture. From outwards the furniture would be all nice and shiny but on the inside it might not be as sturdy as you supposed it should have been.
When buying wooden furniture make sure you get it from a well-known furniture store in Sunshine Coast. Always prefer furniture which is made from high quality wood. It would remain looking good for years and is also less prone to pest infestation. High quality furniture can cost a great deal more but it can also last for years and if well cared for can look great for decades.